If you’re stuck on what to get your Mom for Mother’s Day, I’ve created this simple, inexpensive list that is filled with things that she’ll actually like.
Both my Mom and my MIL ask for gift cards, and I can’t blame them. Sometimes it’s nice to get a gift card that gives you permission to go spend money somewhere, where normally you might feel guilty spending money on yourself. But if the gift cards are getting old, then throw a little surprise into your gift-giving mix! (But I still included a unique gift card option below for those of you that want to stick with that.)
There’s still some time left to get one, or a combination of these sweet gifts below!
1. Mandarin & Guava Blossom Natural Soy Tin Candle: Francesca’s, $10: Candles are always a good gift, and this one smells so sweet and summery.
2. Francesca’s What I Love About Mom Book: Francesca’s, $12: This is a great gift for the sentimental. I always remember when I was little my Mom would ask me to make her something. Making a craft isn’t very realistic once you’re an adult, but this sweet little book is heart felt and personalized, so it’s almost “home-made.”
3. South Moon Under: Personalized Charm Necklace: South Moon Under, $28: This is one of my favorite, classic necklace charms. You can get the letter of her kid’s or Grandkid’s initial and it still looks stylish without looking like a tacky “Mom” necklace.
4. Gift Rocket gift card: Any amount: If you’re Mom still wants a gift card, this is the perfect one if you live long-distance like I do from my Mom. You simply go to the website, pick any amount and any place, and they will send the gift card to the recipient. The best part, the place you provide is only a suggestion, so the recipient can change where they use the gift card if they want to.
5. Philosophy “Amazing Grace” Whipped Body Crème: Nordstrom, $33: The body cream is not only rich and luxurious, it smells so incredible without being overpowering.
6. Tory Burch Eau de Parfum Rollerball: Nordstrom, $28: The scent is a popular favorite with great reviews, plus I love the rollerball bottle so it’s convenient to carry in her purse.
7. Small Brass Trinket bowl: Francesca’s, $10: I love these little trinket bowls to use for my “daily” jewelry. My weddings rings, favorite earrings and charm necklace go in a little bowl like this one at the end of the day. The “Mom” engraved on the inside bottom is also subtle, so it doesn’t scream “MOM GIFT” on the outside.
8. Philosophy “Hands of Hope” Hand & Cuticle Cream: Nordstrom, $10: This is another fan favorite with great reviews. Every woman appreciates good hand cream that they can pop in their purse!
What are you getting your Mom this year? Any creative suggestions? Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms!!