My little girl is one of the pickiest, PICKIEST, eaters of all time. So I try to make her smoothies that sneak in some healthy stuff.
Poor little girl caught a nasty cold a couple of weeks ago, so I came up with a smoothie that would be healthy and contain a lot of immune-boosting ingredients to help her get better, (and also for myself so I wouldn’t catch her cold.) And guess what, I drank this every day and never got sick! The other amazing thing… she LOVED it. It was a healthy food miracle. Here’s how I made it using our Nutri Bullet 900.
Ingredients & Health Benefits:
- 1 cup of OJ [High in Vitamin C and Calcium]
- 1/2 serving of Vanilla Shakeology (or another protein powder) [a TON of all natural vitamins, minerals, proteins, antioxidants and fiber]
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- 1/2 T honey [The combination of honey & cinnamon is known to have a plethora of health benefits, to learn more see here.]
- 1 T chia seeds [high in protein, fiber, antioxidants, omega-3’s, and other nutrients]
- Handful of kale or spinach [packed with vitamins and minerals including protein, fiber, vitamins A, C and K, folate, and much more]
- 1/2 banana [high in potassium, antioxidants, magnesium and vitamins C and B6]
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple [a great source of vitamins and minerals including bromelain, vitamin B-6, folate, magnesium, and much more]
(optional: 1-2 drops DoTerra OnGuard essential oil blend)
- Throw everything into the blender with about a 1/2 cup ice.
- Blend for about 10 seconds.
- Twist off the blending top, pop on one of the drinking lids…
…and enjoy the yummy, fruity, healthy smoothie!